Banana is one of the most popular and available fruits in many countries of the world. It has a high nutritional value and the rich content of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants. That is why banana is actually a healthy food.
Health Benefits of Bananas
It has long been established that people with a stomach ulcer who eat bananas, soften their pain. Studies conducted by scientists have proven the benefits of bananas. It turned out that they can regenerate cells of gastric mucosa. The pulp of the banana at the same time envelops walls of the stomach, prevents the emergence of new diseases and heals already existing ulcers.
Find out more about banana:
Fiber of bananas contributes to the cleansing of intestines, which improves the absorption of sugar and fats. In these fruits, there is a whole complex of vitamins. Mostly E and C, slightly less of vitamin B6. Bananas supply the body with potassium, which is necessary for all vital organs – brain, heart and liver. It is also important for bones, teeth and muscles.
Every day a human body needs at least one gram of potassium, and the optimum dose for an adult is usually considered almost three grams. Children also need potassium for fifteen to thirty milligrams a day (per kilogram of weight).
If potassium is not in the body in sufficient quantities, it can lead to dystrophy. One banana contains almost 420 g of this mineral, which is the biggest number for a product.
Bananas are recommended for diseases that are accompanied by edema, but you need to make sure there is no strong dehydration of the body. It is also advised to people suffering from heart disease. They need to eat at least two bananas a day.
Bananas are easily absorbed by the body and contain a small amount of fiber, which is why they are necessary for people who underwent surgery, or for those who had complications afterwards, especially if abscesses were formed.
Are Bananas Good for You?
There are not many contraindications for eating bananas.
The most common ones are listed below:
- First and the most important reason not to eat a banana is allergy. If you have personal intolerance for this fruit, you should not consume it.
- It is not recommended to feed children up to three years old with bananas. There might be some problems with the digesting.
- Since bananas contain many calories, they are not recommended for people who suffer from obesity. If the desire is very strong, then you can visit your dietitian who will correct the diet. However, some nutritionists claim that bananas may help in losing weight, as they help to remove excess water from the body.
- People who suffer from IHD and thrombophlebitis cannot eat bananas, as they make blood thicken.
Banana Benefits for Men
Bananas can actually help with male potency. They contain the right complex of vitamins and minerals that can enhance the work of sex glands. Moreover, bananas also increase fertility. Therefore, it is a good idea to eat them for those who wants to have a baby.
Are Banana Chips Healthy?
The benefits of banana chips for human body are there because of the composition of fruits themselves, which we have just discovered. In addition, banana chips are a source of fiber, which facilitates the work of the intestine.
This product also cleans the body of excess salts accumulating in vessels, improves brain activity and mood, increases overall vitality.
However, it is important that banana chips are extremely caloric. The amount is more than 500 calories per 100 grams. This means chips are forbidden for those who suffer from diabetes, obesity and other hard diseases.
Bananas and Diabetes
Due to a high glycemic index, which is more than 60 values, you should be careful with bananas consumption if you have diabetes. However, you do not need to completely exclude them from your diet.
Complications associated with the use of banana can arise if this fruit is not properly combined with other foods. It is best to eat it separately. Do not drink water while eating. You should do it 30 minutes after.
You can eat banana as a mash. In this case, you can combine it with kiwi, lemon or sour apple.
It is not recommended to eat this fruit in an immature form, since it can contain a lot of starch, which is hard to remove from the body. However, bananas are a nice replacement of sugar. You can eat one or two if you want something sweet.
Banana Benefits for Skin
Banana masks are suitable for any skin type. That is why banana is often a part of various cosmetics. A mask of bananas, cooked in your own kitchen, is better than any brand one. There are various recipes for different purposes.
Let us discover them all!
- First recipe is good if you want to moisturize and smooth out dry skin: mix 1 ripe banana with 1 teaspoon of cream to make a nice mush. Apply on face for 15-20 minutes, then rinse with warm water. It is better to perform a course of twenty masks – every day or every two days.
- Banana-egg mask will help in coping with small wrinkles and making skin more elastic. Prepare a mixture of one banana, egg yolk and 1 teaspoon of sour cream. Apply on face for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water. It is better to make masks 2-3 times a week.
- If you want to slightly whiten the skin, narrow the pores and eliminate the greasy shine, mix one medium-sized ripe banana and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply the mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Nourishing mask of bananas will help saturate the skin with vitamins, improve complexion and smooth out wrinkles. Mix one banana with 2 tablespoons of cream and 1 tablespoon of honey. Immediately apply it on face skin and neck. Leave it for 20-30 minutes. Remove the mask with a soft cosmetic napkin.
Banana for Hair
Homemade banana masks are also useful for hair treatment and nourishing. As for skin, there are hundreds of different variants.
We have made the list of the most beneficial ones:
- Use a blender to mix one ripe banana with egg yolk, a teaspoon of honey and a tablespoon of sour cream. Apply it on your hair and head skin. Wrap the head with polyethylene and a warm towel and leave the mask for an hour. Rinse it with warm water and shampoo. This will make your hair unusually soft and silky.
- The next banana mask helps in restoring damaged hair. Blend a ripe banana with 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 teaspoons of wheat sprouts. Mix the ingredients well. The mask is spread over the entire length of hair. Leave it for twenty minutes.
- This mask is good for greasy hair. Thoroughly mix 1 banana and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply mask on the head, cover and hold for a half of an hour. Rinse with warm water and shampoo.
Benefits of Banana Peel
Like the peel of oranges, banana peels are also very useful. Antioxidants, minerals and vitamins contained in it, actively fight various diseases.
Let us make another list, where we will place the most beneficial properties of banana peel:
- You can reduce itching or inflammation, if you apply a peel of banana on your skin. Moreover, it will help to heal bruises.
- Apply a piece of peel to the wart every night, and the disease will disappear without a trace within a week.
- Scratches are instantly healed with the use of soothing substances of banana peel.
- You can brush teeth with banana peel. That is an effective and safe remedy.
Banana Shake Benefits
Banana shake is a nice thing for those who likes milk cocktails. It contains fresh fruits, meaning all the beneficial properties of bananas are saved. Moreover, milk is good for its protein content and energy value. That is why sportsmen like drinking banana shakes. These are pure bananas with additional benefits of milk.
Banana is extremely healthy. Its unique vitamin content makes this fruit irreplaceable. There are many dishes and drinks with the use of bananas. A lot of diets are made with them. Moreover, some diseases can be soften or even cured with a regular consumption of bananas. This fruit is even safe for diabetics. So, take one or two bananas if you want them. You will get only benefits, nothing less!