Avocado is used in many diets and regular dishes as a nice nutritious component. Its unique vitamin and mineral content makes this fruit indispensable for everyone. Let us learn why!
Health Benefits of Avocado Pulp
Avocado contains many vitamins (especially group B and E). There are also plenty of nutrients and minerals in a single fruit. Even though it is the most calorized plant (with something of 200-250 calories per 100 grams), all the benefits it can grant are so unique and useful, you will definitely want to add it to your diet!
Is Spinach Beneficial for Health?
The nutritional pulp of avocado does not contain sugar and harmful fats, so diabetics can consume it. The fruit contains a lot of potassium, even more than in bananas. In general, avocado is very useful and popular amongst vegetarians.
Let us name the most valuable properties of it:
- Avocado clears blood from harmful cholesterol. Oleic acid, which is a lot in its content, will actively prevent the formation of cholesterol plaques and purify the blood.
- In avocado, vitamin E is stored in record quantity. It protects our body, namely cells, from the destructive effects of viruses. Moreover, vitamin E fights aging on cellular level.
- It improves memory, and also reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases due to the content of polyunsaturated fatty acids. Scientists have proved that the lack of it leads to the development of atherosclerosis.
- Avocado normalizes the work of heart. Thanks to potassium, the fruit is able to normalize water-salt balance. You will become more stress-resistant with a regular consumption.
- It will be useful for those who suffer from hypertension, as it lowers the pressure naturally. If you consume avocados regularly, then the pressure will eventually normalize.
- It normalizes blood circulation of the body, thanks to the vitamin-mineral complex, namely vitamin B2, iron and copper, which prevents anemia (especially for children).
- Mannoheptulose contained in avocado restores nervous system, removing irritability, fatigue and drowsiness.
- Avocado improves the work of immune system due to vitamin C. It is useful for colds and viruses treatment.
- Avocados prevent the reproduction of cancer cells. According to scientists, this citrus fruit includes phytonutrients and phytochemicals that destroy and stop the development of certain types of tumors.
- It helps with carotenoids assimilation. Carotenoid is a natural pigment that helps to normalize your water-salt balance.
Everything mentioned are just the most common and important properties of avocados. There is much more stuff it is good for. In general, avocado is one of the most useful fruits that contains a unique set of nutrients. By the way, there are sorts of avocado with a low caloric value. Try them if you need a serious diet.
What Benefits Does Avocado Have for Men?
Avocado is useful for potency. It improves the work of reproductive system. Regular consumption may be useful for prophylaxis of prostate diseases. If you have a lot of physically active work, avocado will help you remain fit and productive for the whole day.
Advantages of Avocado for Skin: How to Use
Avocado pulp can be used in anti-aging masks for face, neck and décolleté skin. Vitamin A, which content is huge in this fruit, is necessary for your skin to form new cells. That is how the effect of rejuvenation is achieved.
However, vitamin A itself is powerless without a small amount of natural fat. That is why avocado is good for your skin, as it contains both.
Avocado is very useful for dry and very dry skin, because this fruit has excellent moisturizing and healing properties. To prepare the mask, mix some fresh pulp of avocado with cream and yolk. Make it thick, so that it would stick to your skin. Put the mask on for no more than half of an hour. Repeat it three times a week, and you will see how young and beautiful your skin will have become.
Top 10 Benefits of Avocado for Health
Learn Top 6 Health Benefits of Avocado Seed
Avocado seed contains more fiber, potassium and antioxidants than its pulp. It is really beneficial for health and is used in medicine.
Attention! Do not consume avocado seeds from a fresh fruit. It is rather toxic!
The benefits mentioned are true for drugs and extracts you can buy in pharmacy. Anyway, avocado seed contains many useful minerals and substances that help in various situations.
Let us name the most important ones:
- Antitumor properties. Tests in rats and mice have shown that avocado seeds contain compounds with anticancer properties. These beneficial properties are explained by the presence of flavanol in a condensed form.
- A natural antibiotic. Brazilian scientists found that the extract of avocado seeds kills some fungal infections (for example, Candida) and pathogens of a dangerous tropical disease called ‘yellow fever’.
- Benefits for digestion. Even many centuries ago, American Indians used a seed of avocado for the treatment of digestive disorders, such as dysentery and diarrhea.
- Source of antioxidants. Avocados are often mentioned among fruits with a high concentration of antioxidants, and this is true not only for pulp, but for seeds as well. Avocado seeds, like mango, tamarind and jackfruit ones, include many natural “fighters” with free radicals, namely catechins and procyanidins.
- Reduces cholesterol and protects against the formation of plaques on walls of arteries. Such effect is associated with a high fiber content in a seed, which prevents the absorption of harmful fats in gastrointestinal tract.
- In addition, avocado seed contains a natural orange pigment. It can be used in future as the replacement of synthetics.
Even though avocado seed, as you see, is very beneficial indeed, do not eat it as is. There are many recipes with a one included. It is OK to use extracts for those.
List of Benefits of Avocado Oil
Avocado oil is obtained from a dried pulp of fruits (or from seeds) by cold pressing method. You can consume one tablespoon a day to receive all the benefits of avocado (vitamins, minerals and microelements) in a huge amount. However, it is not the only use of it.
Today avocado oil is recognized as one of the most effective remedies for moisturizing, nourishing and rejuvenating face skin.
It is considered the base oil, meaning you can use it as is or mix with other vegetable oils. The mask we have mentioned above is much easier to make with it.
Avocado oil perfectly moisturizes and softens the skin, fully saturating it with the necessary nutrients. It also helps improve blood circulation in face skin, enriching its tissues with oxygen. Moreover, due to the ability to penetrate deeply into the skin, avocado oil stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which are directly responsible for elasticity.
Benefits and Side Effects of Avocado Juice
Since avocado pulp is rather soft, it is not hard to make a juice or a smoothie yourself. Just add some milk, other juice (or whatever you like) and blend. Benefits are all the same as for a fresh avocado. However, juice is a concentrated vitamin source. You will get more minerals than from an avocado in a salad. That is why it is a good idea to start your day with a glass of avocado juice.
As for a fresh avocado pulp, there might be some disadvantages of drinking the juice you should remember:
- Do not consume avocados if you have an allergy to citrus fruits.
- You might have an individual avocado intolerance. It can manifest itself in different ways, such as rashes on the skin, diarrhea, indigestion.
- Avocado is contraindicated for people who are allergic to latex.
It should be noted that the range of useful properties of avocados is preserved only when it is raw, after heat treatment it becomes much less beneficial.
Avocado is truly unique and useful for health. There is no other fruit that contains so much potassium, vitamins E and B group. There are various properties avocados are used in medicine for. Moreover, an oil of this fruit is a nice ingredient for face skin masks. Consume avocados regularly to receive the necessary amount of vitamins, but be careful with side effects.